Here’s the recipe of the Green Tomato Jam I cooked for the Food Swap on Saturday at the Berlin Food week! Easy to make and delicious. And it won best entry for the “sweet” category! Ingredients 1.6 kg green tomatoes 800g sugar Two big thumbs of ginger Half a lime juice Recipe
- Dice the tomatoes and place in thick-bottomed pot.
- Peel the ginger, slice it and chop into fine pieces.
- Add together with the tomatoes, half a lime juice and the sugar.
- Cook over a low heat for about one to two hours, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- To check if the jam is cooked: use the spoon to put a few drops onto a cold plate and watch the drop: if the drop “breaks” or runs when you tilt the plate then your jam isn’t ready, if they hold and don’t flatten, then it’s ready!
- Pour into sterilised jars, close the lid and let them cool upside down to create a vacuum-seal.